Jammu: The Parliament thought of the Revised Estimates for 2023-24 and Interim Price range 2024-25 of Authorities of Jammu and Kashmir ranging from Tuesday. The 2 Appropriation Payments on the Supplementary Price range for 2023-24 and Vote on Account for 2024-25 have been positioned by Union Finance Minister, Smt. Nirmala Sithraman on fifth February, 2024.
The continued efforts of the UT Authorities have been additionally appreciated by the Parliamentary Standing Committee on Tuesday.Chief Secretary, Atal Dulloo, Principal Secretary Finance Santosh Vaidya and Secretary Planning Mohammad Aijaz represented Jammu and Kashmir earlier than the Committee. This effort highlighted the developmental initiatives of the UT authorities earlier than the Parliamentary Standing Committee.
The Lok Sabha thought of the Payments on sixth and seventh February and handed each the Payments on Wednesday. After searching for approval of President of India, these Payments have been then thought of by the Rajya Sabha which permitted them on Thursday.
Finance Division of the UT Authorities had drafted each the Payments for Supplementary Price range for the present 12 months and the Interim Price range for the following monetary 12 months. For this, the Division had assessed the income receipts of the UT Authorities from GST, motor spirit tax, excise, and stamp obligation. Additional, the non-tax income from electrical energy and water provide, mining royalty, timber gross sales, annual hire from industrial lands, and many others have been additionally examined. The personal income of the UT Authorities has been estimated at Rs. 20,867 crore. The UT Authorities additionally pursued Authorities of India for getting central monetary help.
Lieutenant Governor, Manoj Sinha and Chief Secretary, Atal Dulloo led the UT’s efforts on this path. Essential conferences have been held in August 2023, October 2023 and January 2024 in Ministry of Dwelling Affairs and Ministry of Finance to evaluation these calls for of the UT Authorities. Union Dwelling Minister and Union Finance Minister personally reviewed the fiscal administration of the UT Authorities in latest months.
Accordingly, the Central Authorities has agreed to supply Rs. 41751.44 crore to the UT Authorities on this monetary 12 months and Rs.37277.74 crore within the subsequent monetary 12 months. These help figures have been duly captured within the Revised Estimates of 2023-24 and the Price range Estimates of 2024-25 of the Union Authorities. This help contains the traditional help (useful resource hole) to the UT Authorities, fairness contribution for hydropower tasks at Kiru, Kwar and Rattle, and many others.
Constructing on this, Finance Division drafted its Supplementary Price range for 2023-24 and Vote on Account for 2024-25 and the 2 Appropriation Payments. The revised estimates for 2023-24 is general decrease than the budgeted estimates 2023-24 because the UT authorities was profitable in streamlining its expenditure. The supplementary calls for for 2023-24 of ?8,712.90 crore pertain to the 4 Departments of Finance, Energy Improvement, Hospitality and Protocol and Cooperatives. The supplementary finances is required by Finance division in view of the reimbursement of debt, whereas Energy Improvement division wants to supply for energy procurement. The Hospitality and Protocol division intends to develop the brand new J&Okay Bhawan at Dwarka, New Delhi for which land might be allotted from DDA. The Cooperative division requires the funding additionality for its new CSS, Help to Major Agricultural Credit score Societies (PACS). These extra calls for are proposed to be catered with Supplementary Calls for for the present 12 months 2023-24.
The Parliament additionally permitted the interim finances for 2024-25 for Jammu & Kashmir which makes provisions for the continued initiatives in J&Okay to advertise social inclusion, improve transparency, increase revenues, and step up infrastructure improvement. It additionally offers for ongoing measures for sustainable agriculture, industrial property, PRI degree works, employment era, and creating tourism.The Parliament additionally permitted the UT’s Vote on Account for Rs. 59,364 crore. This interim finances covers income expenditure of Rs. 40,081 crore and capital expenditure of Rs. 19,283 crore. It offers for the continued measures and schemes as follows –
1) Rs 2959 crore provisioned for tap-water connectivity for rural areas underneath Jal Jeevan Mission with Rs 532 crore as UT Share.
2) Rs 934 crore for remodeling agriculture and allied sectors of the UT by the Holistic Agriculture Improvement Programme (HADP), together with provisions for IFAD funded J&Okay Complete Funding Plan (JKCIP).
3) Rs 1907 crore for rejuvenating faculty schooling infrastructure and providers by funding underneath Samagra Shiksha Abhiyan, PM SHRI and PM Poshan.
4) Provision of bettering street connectivity with Rs 1683 crore for PMGSY roads, Rs 300 crore for CRF roads, and Rs 1000 crore NABARD scheme.
5) Rs 1313 crore for strengthening decentralized governance by offering for native space works of panchayat and concrete native our bodies.
6) Rs 1271 crore for strengthening infrastructure and providers in Well being sector.
7) Rs 1093 crore for rural housing underneath PM Awas Yojana-Grameen scheme.
8) Rs 1000 crore for e social safety protection for Outdated aged, Widow and Disabled pensions.
9) Rs 660 crore for J&Okay’s fairness for within the hydro electrical tasks at Ratle, Kwar, and Kiru, which would offer secure income supply and cheaper energy.
10) Rs 505 crore for well timed procurement of equipment, equipments, prosthetic aids and medicines in Well being sector by the devoted company.
11) Rs 500 crore for capitalization of Cooperative Banks, Rural Banks, J&Okay Financial institution, and many others.
12) Rs 450 crore for infrastructure of latest Schools and Universities as per NEP imaginative and prescient.
13) Rs 430 crore for ladies empowerment intervention of Ladli Beti and Marriage Help
14) Rs 400 crore for building of Transit lodging for Kashmiri Pandit workers.
15) Rs 400 crore for improvement of Industrial Estates and associated infrastructure.
16) Rs 370 crore underneath Swachh Bharat Abhiyan (City) scheme.
17) Rs 390 crore for Flood Administration Venture of River Jhelum.
18) Rs 450 crore for GST re-imbursement to make sure well timed reimbursement of the claims.
19) Rs 272 crore for DDC /BDC grants bettering native governance at district and block degree
20) Rs 174 crore for improvement of mannequin faculties underneath PM-Shri scheme.
21) Rs 155 crore for industrial incentives, Begin-ups, commerce promotion, Job gala’s , and many others.
22) Rs 155 crore for Heritage conservation, Tourism promotion, and promotion of festivals, cinema/ threatre.
23) Rs 150 crore for creating rooftop photo voltaic and different avenues of latest and renewable vitality.
24) Rs 140 crore for creation of Sports activities Infrastructure
25) Rs 104 crore for building of Police Housing, Bunkers, Police Stations, CCTV, and many others.
26) Rs 100 crore for conclusion of World Financial institution funded Jhelum Tawi Flood Restoration Venture.
27) Rs 100 crore for Mission Youth programmes for schooling, skilling, and employment
28) Rs 91 crore for brand new tourism locations, new circuits, Sufi circuit and recognized non secular circuits, ropeways, freeway resting locations and promotion of Golf.
29) Rs 70 crore underneath infrastructure for welfare of tribals for building of Tribal Hostels/Milk Villages/ Nomad Shelters/Libraries for Gujjars.
30) Rs 100 crore for sewerage tasks in city areas, Rs 70 crore for improvement of latest Townships and reasonably priced housing and Rs 50 crore for Dal improvement.
With the Parliamentary nod to the 2 Appropriation Payments on the Supplementary Calls for for 2023-24 and Vote on Account for 2024-25, the UT Authorities will now give attention to expediting infrastructure tasks and social and financial measures and assembly the income realization targets.
#Parliament #Approves #Appropriation #Payments #Kashmir #Reader